There’s a new “With Friends” iOS app on the block: Zynga’s Matching With Friends (free and CAD$1.99, AU$1.99) has recently launched in both the Canadian and Australian iOS App Stores, but has yet to launch in the U.S. According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the application – which, like other titles in the “With Friends” series, is a board-game style app (compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch) – is set to launch in the United States and other countries “in the coming weeks,” though Zynga hasn’t provided any specific dates regarding the release.
As outlined in the app’s release notes:
From the makers of Words With Friends and Hanging with Friends comes Matching With Friends, a colorful, bouncy, and explosively fun puzzle game that will keep you and your friends entertained for hours. The game starts simple enough: just line up 3 or more jelly blocks to make a match. But can you score more points than your friend?
- Get bonus points from multiplier spots and color bonuses
- Swap pieces for better ones to make that perfect match
- Drop a bomb on the board to make room for more matches
- Earn or buy coins to get more bombs and swaps
- Take turns making moves with friends in up to 20 simultaneous games
- Match’ up with a random opponent if all your friends are busy
- Keep in touch or trash talk with chat bubbles
- Get notifications when it’s your turn to play
Below, we’ve included a handful of screenshots taken from the app’s release notes. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long before Zynga’s latest title launches in the United States – check back with us, because we’ll be publishing a review once the app launches over here!
If you’re based in Canada or Australia, take a look at Matching With Friends now, and let us know your thoughts on the app in the comments.