You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 24, 2012
Bing Get MeThere Gets You Wherever You Want To Be In The Olympic City Of London
Microsoft is the latest company to jump on the London-centric iOS app bandwagon with the launch today of Bing Get MeThere. Released on the eve of the first event of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, Bing Get MeThere is a navigation app designed specifically for the U.K. capital. It promises to help you go "from where you are right now to wherever you want to be." Well, provided that both your current location and your desired destination are part of the great city of London. The iPhone-optimized app boasts the following features:
[caption id="attachment_322740" align="aligncenter" width="672"] Bing Get MeThere[/caption] Additionally, the app includes a field for searching the Web using, of course, Bing. But instead of using a built-in browser, the app rather clumsily switches to Safari to display search results. Bing Get MeThere is available now in the App Store for free. Whether you're a Londoner or a foreigner touring London for the Olympics or some other occasion, Bing Get MeThere might come in handy for you. But don't waste time trying to plan a journey to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. I've searched for that fictional London spot in vain so you won't have to.
- Plan journeys using Bing maps, the London Underground network, DLR, London buses and London Overground trains
- Full tube maps and live service updates
- Live departures and status updates by tube station
- Nearest tube/train stations (with map and walking directions)
- Set up favourite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
- Weekend service updates - Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)