This iPad app lets you create a grid image with multiple photos, which can come directly from your iPad’s Camera Roll, Facebook, Instagram, and Flickr. Like PicFrame and Diptic, built-in filters and effects are available in Layout to enhance your images. You can adjust the saturation and contrast of your images within the app and even add some stickers and captions to each photo. When you’re finished, you can share your layout with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Layout also features iCloud support, allowing you to store your projects to manipulate on other devices.
As outlined in Layout’s release notes, more features include:
- Use automatic face detection to frame a group or move from face to face
- Select an overall shape using built-in aspect ratios or customize your own
- Choose from a set of included templates or create your own template for later use
- Touch-up your photos using the built-in photo editor
- Apply artistic effects to transform your photos and set the mood
Layout is packed with great features, so be sure to use the in-app tutorial to get a feel for everything the app can do.
You can download Layout in the App Store for $2.99. Unfortunately, the app is only compatible with the iPad 2 or newer.
What are some of your favorite photo-framing apps?