Debuted through cryptic images and other teasers that were later deciphered, the basic details of the Spy vs. Spy remake headed to iOS have been available for a couple of weeks already. However, Robots and Pencils has now officially announced the game’s details and launch window via press release, plus posted an official gameplay trailer.
Even though online multiplayer and universal iDevice support were already revealed, here is the full list of main features that is provided within the video description on YouTube:
- Online + local multiplayer dupport – sabotage and intrigue included
- 16 brand new embassies — for a total of 24
- Play alone in custom matches for all 24 embassies, each with 5 levels of difficulty — you select the IQ of the opposing spy
- Retina graphics for the new iPad and iPhone
- New, full screen club-to-club combat in modern mode
- Modern & retro game modes — both featuring Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and your very own Trapulator™
- 5 types of booby-Traps – play as the famous black and white spies from MAD Magazine
- Integrated Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Includes the original theme music plus 4 new remixes
- Universal app – play on iPad, iPhone, and iPod
Clearly, the remake is packed with tons of great new content and modernized goodies, but it should still bring plenty of nostalgia for those who played the Atari, Commodore 64, or Apple II version, which is based on the popular MAD Magazine comic strip of the same name. Spy vs. Spy for iOS is scheduled to be available in the App Store this summer.