For something that’s aimed toward order and clarity, making outlines can be a rather confusing task. Fortunately, there are special tools that can help us perform this task with relative convenience. One such tool is the recently released Cloud Outliner for iOS.
I have to admit that I was somewhat unimpressed with Cloud Outliner the first time I encountered it, what with its decidedly plain interface.
But after giving it a try, I’ve realized that “plain” doesn’t necessarily equate to “poor.” It turns out that its apparent lack of bells and whistles serves to underscore the ease of use it offers. And underneath that plain-looking veneer is a feature set that’s quite impressive.
As outlined in the app’s description in the App Store, the features of Cloud Outliner are as follows:
- iCloud: sync outlines between your iDevices.
- Sync outlines with Evernote.
- Send outlines by Email in Plain Text or OPML formats.
- Import outlines from other apps in OPML format.
- Select multiple rows to reorder, change indentation, or delete them all at once.
- Copy & Paste rows between outlines and even other apps (Notes, Mail, Safari etc.).
- Drag and Drop rows to reorder or change indentation.
- Hide checked rows.
- Portrait & Landscape mode support.
- Clear and simple interface.
- Designed for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
We’ll have an in-depth review of this promising new app later here on AppAdvice. In the meantime, you can watch the above demo video highlighting some of the app’s many capabilities.