A fresh update has recently landed onto the popular bed and breakfast app Airbnb.
Designed for iPhone and iPod touch, Airbnb is the official iOS client of the website of the same name. As such, it lets you find and reserve unique spaces around the world, ranging from a private apartment to a private island, right on your iDevice.
The app’s key features are as follows:
- Book space directly from your iPhone in a few simple clicks
- Find out what your place is worth, and start earning cash renting out your space
- Select “Find a place, tonight!” for last minute availability
- Browse amazing Collections to see our most distinctive properties
- Instantly access your upcoming itinerary, complete with directions to your destination
- Message guests and hosts directly from your phone
The app’s latest update introduces a couple of enhancements to make sharing more convenient and viewing photos more enjoyable.
“We like to share,” says the Airbnb team. “And we love to look good when we do share. Do you? Then this update is for you.”
First, the update brings easy connectivity with Facebook. It’s not required by any means for you to use the app, but Facebook integration does have its share of benefits. It lets you share your Wish List items to your Facebook timeline as well as view your friends’ on the Friends Feed.
Second, the update improves the quality of all the images in the app. A picture is indeed worth a thousand words in Airbnb. And now every picture of every featured space in the app is more polished and more inviting than ever.
If you’ll recall, Airbnb was featured during Apple’s keynote at this year’s WWDC. Specifically, the keynote highlights the app’s role in the steady bookings being handled by the Tiny Fern Forest Treehouse in Lincoln, Vermont.
Based on its photo in the app alone, the Tiny Fern Forest Treehouse does look like an amazing bed and breakfast. Unsurprisingly, it’s now on my Airbnb Wish List.