One of my all-time favorite Web videos is “The City of Samba,” which is a essentially a montage of sights at the Carnaval party in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. What makes the video so amazing is its effective use of the popular tilt-shift effect in simulating miniature scenes. It’s really fascinating. And if you want to achieve a similar effect in your videos, you absolutely can using only your iDevice … and an app aptly called TiltShift Video.
Compatible with both iPhone and iPad, TiltShift Video is an app that lets you process and enhance your videos as well as your photos.
Mainly, though, the app allows you to easily use tilt for selective focus, resulting in “miniature” effects such as the ones sene in “The City of Samba.” As a matter of fact, TiltShift Video was used in the video below, whose scenes bear some resemblance to some of the scenes in “The City of Samba.”
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Additionally, TiltShift Video has recently undergone a major update, gaining the following features in the process:
- New UI easier and faster to use
- New blur shapes that can be used
- New multi-touch gestures that make it very easy to define the blur areas
- Improved performance when rendering the videos and photos
- Capacity for outputting bigger photos
- Ability to trim video clips
- Improved, context-sensitive Help
- Support for Retina display on the new iPad
Are you ready to shoot the next big hit in tilt-shift photography with TiltShift Video?