The official iPad client of eBay has received another significant update. If nothing else, the new update seeks to help keep usability issues in the app at bay.
Then, a month later, eBay for iPad once again got updated in response to customer feedback. This time is no different.
Continuously taking heed of customer feedback, the development team behind eBay for iPad has issued another update that brings a lot of improvements. And when I say “a lot,” I do mean “a lot.”
As outlined in the app’s changelog, the following improvements are signed, sealed, and delivered in the update:
- Saved Searches Now Show Only Newly Listed Items
- Improved Search Refinements
- Improved “Seller’s View” of View Item
- Prominent Display of Item Information
- Easily Navigate Around My eBay
- Support for 12 Photos When Selling
- Feedback Filtering
- Recent Searches and Items Syncs with the eBay Website
- Support for Poland, Malaysia, Singapore, and Philippines
- Filtering By ‘Buy It Now’ shows the Buy It Now price
- Better Handling of Links within View Item
- Increased Stability on all Platforms
UPDATE: Judging by the abundance of changes it brings, isn’t the app’s latest update a pretty big deal or what? I myself think so, but it appears that a lot of users think otherwise. And when I say “a lot,” I do mean “a lot.” As commented upon by Gknight543, over a hundred one-star reviews have been left by users in the app’s App Store page. According to most of these users, the app failed to work at all after the update. It’s recommended, then, that you pass up on the update and wait for the corrective patch instead.