Practically four years in the making, Fieldrunners 2 marks the return of the titular world invaders and the weapons designed to thwart them. And, boy, what at explosive return it has been.
Be that as it may, this Holy Grail is still up for some polishing, as evidenced by the game’s first update, Fieldrunners 2 1.1.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Fieldrunners 2 1.1. seeks to add more fun, more accessible gameplay, better social media integration, plus a variety of enhancements:
- Beat those hard levels with an easier Casual mode!
- Amazing new time trial map – Flash Fire!
- Conquer the leaderboards with Game Center!
- Faster levels fit your on-the-go lifestyle!
- Finally beat Scrambled Eggs on Hard!
- Can you spot the changes in Bizarre Bazaar?
- Get coins for sharing scores on Twitter!
- Glorious music is now bug free!
- Enable low-fi mode to fix crashes!
- Save your progress when exiting maps!
- Push notifications that won’t annoy you!
- Tackle the challenging Endless mode!
- General bug fixes and more!
The new version of Fieldrunners 2 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a $2.99 download. Note that the game is currently optimized for iPhone only. Let’s hope the game’s potentially more explosive native iPad edition is already on the way.