Phosphor Games Studio and Zynga have announced the availability of Horn, a new game for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. The game is the first to launch under the Zynga Partners for Mobile project, which was first announced in June.
Available for $6.99, Horn is a third-person action game based loosely on the Old English tales of King Horn. In it, you play a young blacksmith named Horn who wakes up to find his village has been overrun by large, and sometimes humorous, monsters.
Your job, whether with a sword, crossbow, or trusted musical horn, is to defeat these creatures. Along the way, you’ll explore different lands and solve puzzles, in your quest to undo a curse that has overtaken your homeland.
According to Chip Sineni, director at Phosphor Games Studio:
Our goal from the onset was to provide a console-style experience for mobile devices that can be played and enjoyed by anyone.
- Accessible controls that anyone can use- walking, jumping, crawling, even grapple hook, are all performed with intuitive gestures
- Freely navigable console-quality detailed world- go wherever you want; not confined to limited path or rail
- A rich and unique fantasy world
- Touch-friendly melee combat and crossbow style weapons
- 3 unique and beautiful lands to discover
- Endlessly escalating challenge modes
- Hidden side content to discover
- Score written by award-winning Austin Wintory and performed with full live orchestra
Horn is now available for download. Please note that the game will not work on the first-generation iPad, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch devices.