You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 12, 2012
Apple By The Numbers
Speaking from the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, Calif., at the company's currently-ongoing iPhone event, Apple CEO Tim Cook has talked about Apple's most recent figures. Below, we've got the breakdown for you.
- 380 Apple Retail Stores across 12 countries.
- The thirteenth store is opening on Friday in Sweden.
- More than one million customers visit Apple Retail Stores each and every day.
- Seven million copies downloaded so far.
- It's the fastest selling version of Mac OS ever.
- 400,000,000+ iOS devices have been sold.
- 17 million iPads sold between April and June, 2012.
- Brings Apple's total to 84 million units ever sold.
- 68 percent market share.
[This post is being continually updated, so refresh the page and keep checking for new content!] Remember to follow along at our AppAdvice live blog!
- 700,000+ iOS apps in the App Store
- 250,000+ are iPad apps.