You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 6, 2012
Find Out If Inspire Pro Is The Perfect Mobile Art Studio For You
KiwiPixel's painting apps, Inspire and Inspire Pro, have been around and doing well for a couple of years already. However, despite the occasional updates, the apps have faded out of mainstream view. To bring back some attention and show artists why Inspire is their best choice, KiwiPixel decided to release a free version of Inspire for iPhone in February. Today, the iPad-optimized Inspire Pro has received the same treatment Offering more than just a sneak peek, Inspire Pro Free includes the majority of features found in the full version. You can still utilize realistic brushes with rotation and paint flow adjustments, an eye dropper, the fill bucket, zoom, undo, redo, sharing, gallery view, and more. In fact, here is the complete feature list as provided by KiwiPixel: Brushes
- Three realistic paint brushes to choose from: a flat brush, round brush and fan brush.
- Each brush comes in many different sizes and can be rotated a full 360 degrees.
- Brushes can be loaded with different amounts of paint, including no paint at all for a dry brush.
- A stippling effect can be produced on the canvas by painting stab strokes with repeated taps on the screen.
- The spacing between each application of paint within a brush stroke can be changed.
- The bristles of each brush act independently of each other and produce natural brush strokes that never look exactly the same.
- All device orientations are supported, all the time. Switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease.
- There are 8 hotspots around the edge of the screen that can be tapped to perform commonly used actions quickly and easily.
- 10 levels of undo and redo are available.
- A non-realistic paint mode adds versatility to the brushes, allowing you to draw and sketch as well as paint.
- Choose any paint color you can dream of right away with the natural color picker.
- Transparent paint colors can be chosen to simulate a glaze effect.
- The eye dropper tool can be used to select paint colors already on the canvas.
- The canvas can be moved around and zoomed in and out up to 6400%.
- Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos.
- Paintings can be sent via email from within the app, attached as uncompressed PNG image files.
- Paintings can be uploaded directly to Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.
- Paintings can be printed directly from the app (iOS 4.2 or later and AirPrint printer required).
- Paintings can be exported at resolutions of up to 6 times the original in both PNG and JPEG formats using the free Inspire Exporter app available for both Windows and Mac OS.