Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch but nonetheless compatible with iPad, AmazonLocal for iOS offers an easy way to browse deals on the eponymous service.
You can view deals immediately after launching the app for the first time. But you have to sign in with your Amazon account in order to take full advantage of the app.
With the app, which appears to be currently available for U.S. customers only, you can view and purchase deals featured on AmazonLocal even while you’re on the go. Deals can be redeemed straight from your device without having to deal with actual vouchers.
What’s more, you can specify whether you like, dislike, or feel neutral about a a certain type of deal. That way, you get to see in the app only the types of deals that matter to you.
Other features of AmazonLocal for iOS include:
- Map the location for your deals and get driving directions
- Quickly mark deals as used and see your unused deals
- Decide whether you’d like to receive emails or push notifications or both for your cities
- Call AmazonLocal or the merchant with one click on a smartphone
- Lock the app with a passcode for added security
- Share deals with your friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
AmazonLocal for iOS is available now in the App Store for free. It promises to help you save up to 75 percent on deals from a variety of local businesses, so it’s a pretty good deal in itself.