For the first time in 18 months, Fieldrunners for the iPhone/iPod touch has received an update. Version 1.6 includes a number of new features including the addition of full Retina display support.
Created by Subatomic Studios, Fieldrunners is a tower defense game featuring soldiers, each with a gaggle of new tricks. Your job is to defeat the enemy, and thereby save the world.
According to Jamie Gotch, CEO of Subatomic Studies:
Not only did we completely redraw the artwork in a higher resolution for the Retina display, but we also added the full soundtrack for the first time ever on iPhone, and added support for 32-bit colors [on the iPhone 4 and up] to give fans richer environments, enemies, and towers.
New features include:
- Epic graphics update – full Retina support!
- All new soundtrack so you can defend in style!
- Glorious battles shine in 32-bits for iPhone 4 and up!
- Adjustments for super precise controls!
- Double tap to zoom for quicker movements!
- Optimizations make the game run faster!
AppAdvice has a limited number of Fieldrunners promo codes to give away. If you’re interested, please let us know why you deserve a code by leaving a comment. Winners will be contacted via email.