Even as Twitter’s official guidelines for third-party Twitter clients are becoming more and more restrictive, many developers of such apps are apparently essentially unfazed. Like Tweetbot developer Tapbots and Tweetings developer DW:design, Onloft Software continues to update its iOS Twitter client.
Just several hours ago, Onloft Software pushed another update to Tweetlogix for Twitter, its popular Twitter app for iPhone and iPod touch.
Disappointingly, the new update includes neither push notification support nor native iOS Twitter integration. Both of these features have long been in such popular Twitter client as the aforementioned Tweetbot and the official Twitter app itself.
But, to its credit, the update does bring the following improvements:
- Improved Find Replies search results
- Swipe down to close images
- Inline image support for Flickr short URLs, twipple.jp, and photozou.jp
- Retweet Comment style settings (see Settings > Advanced)
- Unfollowing users removes cached tweets from timelines
- Saving to Pinboard now sets Pinboard’s toRead attribute
- My Profile is now auto refreshed when activated
- Improved design of Select Timeline view
- Support for secure https Twitter search
- Adjusted Timeline tap target to avoid accidental invocations
Before you download or update to the new version of the app, be informed that the update may cause top-level direct messages to be improperly ordered. “Sorry about this issue,” says Onloft Software, “it will be fixed in the next update.”