You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 25, 2012
Get Tickled Into Total Submission With Gluddle 3.0
Gluddle is about to tickle your fancy with its latest update. A longtime favorite of mine, Gluddle is a game that seems to have been born out of a genuine appreciation of George Orwell's classic dystopian novel, "1984." But even as it's based on a story with disturbing undertones, Gluddle manages to be full of vibrant color and sheer delight. Gluddle has you helping little globular fellas called Ois escape from the oppressive eyes of the similarly globular members of The Supervision. An entertaining physics-based puzzle game, Gluddle appears to combine Peggle and Angry Birds as it tasks you to bounce the former on to and off of the latter. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Already a good game, Gluddle has just become even better with the arrival of its 3.0 update. Codenamed "Tickle," Gluddle 3.0 brings iPhone 5 support, full Game Center integration, plus the following enhancements:
Gluddle 3.0 is available now as a free update or as a new $0.99 download in the App Store. [caption id="attachment_350002" align="aligncenter" width="2048"] Gluddle likes AppAdvice.[/caption] Also included in Gluddle 3.0 is a new set of "refreshable" game credits. Incidentally, some variations of the credits include mentions of popular iOS game review sites. Of course, as seen in the screenshot above, AppAdvice also got a nice, little shout-out from the creators of a game we really like. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Three Gluddle Challenges per level instead of one!
- Brand New Score System that includes a Style bonus, Scenery bonus, Gluddle Challenge bonus, Oi bonus and more.
- Now featuring Lady Gluddle with voice talent Alison Eales (winner of the Angry Birds Squawk Contest)!
- 13 new levels!
- 102 cool levels in total!
- 3 new game objects!
- Dramatic camera Shakes! (Smashing! But can be switched off in the Settings menu if you prefer steady cams).
- Settings Menu? Yes! An iOS Settings screen which allows to disable Game Center, camera Shake and ...something else...
- Lots of Oi tweaks!
- Improved camera pinch (zoom in and out) and added new camera drag functionality!
- Fixed the incidental crash that occurred rarely during the intro on iPad 1!
- Performance improvements, meaning better music playback!
- Lots of small improvements such as Faster Loading and Automatic Application Pause Mode for if you get a phone call
- Lower memory usages on older devices and smaller app size.