It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is Loud Crow’s follow-up to its critically acclaimed iOS adaptation of the 1965 classic holiday special “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”
I absolutely, immediately loved A Charlie Brown Christmas for iPhone and iPad when it came out last year. So it delights me to learn of the release of the iOS implementation of “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” based, of course, on the 1966 animated classic.
Like A Charlie Brown Christmas, It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is essentially an interactive storybook app. It actually mirrors many of the former app’s features and mixes them with some new ones arising from its Halloween theme:
- Choose from over 1 billion creative avatar and costume combinations to create your own Peanuts character
- Go trick-or-treating with Charlie Brown and the gang
- Carve your own pumpkin, bob for apples and play Schroeder’s piano
- Touch and drag objects to make them “spring” to life or tilt to watch them slide and move
- Objects magically pop out of the page to delight little and big kids
- Jump to any page in the book with the handy table of contents bookmark
- Educational features such as word and note highlighting to help improve reading and musical skills
- Hear individual words spoken with the tap of a finger
- Original dialog from the 1966 animated classic
- Captivating narration by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown
- Charming soundtrack featuring music and sound effects from the original holiday special
Trick or treat? It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown has lots of both.