One of the most popular creativity-boosting apps for iOS, ArtStudio for iPad ships with a variety of tools that make digital drawing and image editing a breeze. And with the recently released version 5.0 of the app, more such tools are introduced.
There’s the new Heal tool, which is ideal for removing blemishes from faces and unwanted objects from photos.
There’s also the new Distort tool, which lets you skew and freely transform your images, so as to add perspective to them or otherwise.
And then there’s the new Elastify feature, which you can use to stretch any image to your heart’s content.
ArtStudio for iPad 5.0 also adds 11 new blending modes: Dissolve, Darken, Burn, Subtract, Lighten, Dodge, Soft light, Hard light, Grain extract, Grain merge, and Divide.
New filters — all 23 of them, divided into groups — are also introduced in the latest version of ArtStudio for iPad: Edge Detect, Twirl, Pinch, Waves, Circle waves, Polar coordinates, Difference Clouds, Checkerboard, Stripes, Pattern, Emboss, Bumpmap, Diffuse, Wind, Drop Shadow, Heat Map, X-Ray, Lomo, Antique, Hot Autumn, Cheap Camera, Dull, and Cross Process.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
And if you think that’s all there is to ArtStudio for iPad 5.0, think again. Or better yet, just look at the long list below for the other improvements included in the update:
- added Air Print
- added transforming of the selection (move, scale, rotate)
- color displayed also as # value in colors editor
- Added configurable gestures, default:
- 4 fingers tap -> fit canvas on screen
- 3 fingers tap -> display quick menu
- 3 fingers swipe left -> Undo
- 3 fingers swipe right -> Redo
- 3 fingers swipe down -> Drawing mode
- 3 fingers swipe up -> Layers
- added option to configure buttons in Quick Menu
- added displaying of brush tip when moving bottom sliders
- added possibility to show/hide quick brush preview and brush tip when moving bottom sliders
- improved displaying of background check board
- added support of Pogo Connect and Jaja styluses
- add option to remove all guidelines
- added option to auto add guidelines: from selection, from image edges, from image center, from layer content
- improved freehand line smoothing
- improved speed size/opacity
- improved stylus pressure sensitivity
- music from iPod is not stopped after app is launched (but first disable Stylus support in Settings)
- iOS 6 ready
- improved stability
- few bugs fixed