With just a few days left before Halloween, Junk Jack has finally crafted its very own spooktacular update.
Released in the App Store nearly a year ago, Junk Jack is a 2-D sandbox game for iPhone and iPad that’s reminiscent of Minecraft and Terraria.
In the game, you play as the title character, who is stuck in a retro-inspired pixelated world. It’s a mad, mad world, and you have to collect various materials for you to survive in it.
That world is actually made even madder by Junk Jack’s new Halloween-themed update.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new update includes new monsters, statues, throwable weapons, blocks, crafts, and more.
Check out the update list of new features below, which continues Junk Jack’s tradition of releasing really long changelogs:
- A new option has been added that keep game unpaused with inventory/map/book opened.
- New brewing barrel addon.
- 25+ new cooking crafts.
- New plantable hops.
- 4 New rare statues.
- Throwable knives!
- Slingshot weapon, use it to throw small rocks at mobs!
- Throwable shurikens!
- Placeable camp fire that can be used for basic cooking.
- Placeable fireplace block.
- Placeable carpet block.
- A new achievement has been added.
- 3 new mobs!
- More than 15 new rare treasures!
- A new rare chest can be found in the world.
- Halloween Pumpkins can be found in the world!
- A new craftable chest has been added.
- 10+ new crafts have been added.
- 3 new hats have been added to the shop.
That’s a lot of new features. But it appears that Junk Jack has committed a notable omission with this “post-iPhone 5 launch” update: iPhone 5 support, of course. Perhaps that will be included in the game’s next laundry list of new features.