You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| October 8, 2012
'The Certified Hunt Emerson' For iPad Features 200 Pages From The UK's 'Profane Comic Genius'
Panel Nine, the digital graphic novel publisher, has announced the release of "The Certified Hunt Emerson" for iPad. The e-book features 200 pages of cartoons and comics from, who Paul Gravett of “1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die,” described as “Britain’s greatest underground cartoonist. Profane comic genius." Priced at $9.99, the book contains 27 comic strips, along with many extras. These include illustrations, galleries of cover art and self-portraits, and an interview with Emerson. Special features include:
[caption id="attachment_345271" align="aligncenter" width="804"] The Certified Hunt Emerson[/caption] Emerson, who got his start with the Birmingham Arts Lab in the 1970s, is currently writing Ratz for U.K. comic The Beano, a strip about mean rats in a sewer. Before that, the English cartoonist drew Little Plum for the same publication. Weighing in at a hefty 569 MB, "The Certified Hunt Emerson" is available for download in the App Store.
- Specially-designed Panel Mode where you can double-tap on comics pages to zoom in and swipe from panel to panel
- Audio commentary synchronized with selected pages, recorded by Hunt Emerson exclusively for this app
- Beautiful high-quality digital images, with a specially-designed user interface that gives you fast, smooth swiping from page to page and flawless pixel-per-second movement
- Visual contents and bookmarks that let you view thumbnails of all pages and navigate quickly and easily
- High-resolution JPEGs and PDFs to enable users to zoom in to panels at up to three times the original size without loss of resolution
- Introductory notes to each comic strip written by the artist