You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| November 8, 2012
Colorized 2.0 Combines Art Creation With Social Networking In A Fun New Way
Happiness Engines, Inc. has introduced a new version of their popular social sketching app for the iPhone/iPod touch. Colorized: Social Sketching & Coloring Book 2.0 is now available in the App Store. The app’s main function is to take new or existing photos and turn them into “toon color” or black and white. From there, pencil, spray can, or eraser tools help create a unique masterpiece. Once completed, these creations are easily sharable via Twitter or Facebook. New features include:
Colorized: Social Sketching & Coloring Book is available in the App Store.
- Search! Now you can look for users and hashtags
- Ranked lists of popular hashtags and prolific users across Colorized
- New Toon camera filter! Add a little color to your sketches right away
- Stamp tool: the fastest way to add personality to your sketches, including everything from monsters to pandas to monocles and mustaches. More to come!
- Revised creation flow: start with the camera, or press “Free Draw” to go directly to your canvas
- Use images from your camera roll to Colorize, in case last week’s photo of your wig party inspires you
- Full support for iOS6 Twitter functionality
- A new Sketching interface
- Invite Friends ability, to start sketch battles between you and your buddies (pull from either your device contacts or from Facebook)
- Flagging functionality
- The ever-popular Undo tool, if you decide your dog really didn’t need that space helmet
- New Profile interface (see users’ Likes!)
- Speedier thumbnail loading
- Save your sketches to your Camera Roll (accessible via the Settings page)