FiLMiC Pro, the popular and award-winning video app for iPhone, has just been upgraded to version 3.0.
Wait, I just realized: “video app for iPhone” is not an entirely accurate description for FiLMiC Pro. That’s because FiLMiC Pro is not only a video app for iPhone but also a video app for iPad.
That’s right. FiLMiC Pro, which launched last year as an iPhone-only app, has just gone universal with native iPad support.
The new iPad version of FiLMiC Pro supports both portrait and landscape modes, with the latter allowing for one-touch access to the app’s main customization options.
FiLMiC Pro 3.0 also has something new for its original “home,” the iPhone, in the form of iPhone 5 support. Additionally, the app’s iPhone version has gained new transparent and indented UI modes.
The updated app also includes the following enhancements:
- 14 selectable presets (4S, 5, newer iPads)
- Variable speed 4x zoom (4S, 5, newer iPads)
- Variable input/output FPS for motion FX (4S, 5, newer iPads)
- Two camera modes; Direct to disk and Real Time Processing
- Histogram (on iPhone 5 and iPad only)
- Hard Drive Storage Indicator
- Battery Status Indicator
- Clip Saver Shield
- Manually delete only, no more auto delete after transfer
- Revised Preset functionality
- Camera View savable Presets (iPad only)
Normally priced at $3.99, FiLMiC Pro is available in the App Store for free, but for a limited time only. Consider this your feature-rich iPhone and iPad video app treat this Black Friday.