Avocado, the fruity app designed specially for couples, has received another significant update.
Provided that both you and your significant other are iDevice owners, Avocado enables you to stay connected with your sweetheart, darling, sugar, honey, however you like to call him or her.
But, you might be wondering, why is the app called Avocado?
“Avocados are not only 100% delicious,” explains app developer Avocado Software, “but they are also fascinating!” They reason that …
- Avocado fruit grows in pairs
- An avocado tree only bears fruit when paired with another tree or grown in a family
- To the Aztecs, avocados were symbols of love and fertility as well as other things
Interesting. If you ask me, though, I think the app is named after the well-known pear-shaped fruit as a sort of pun directed toward the rival app Pair. Get it? “Pair” sounds like “pear,” so …
Anyway, moving on to the details of Avocado’s latest update …
Well, the new update to Avocado adds a new calendar function, supposedly the most requested feature in the app.
With the new native calendar in Avocado, you and your dearest can now easily create shared events. Equipped with support for reminders and recurrence, the app’s calendar also lets you assign events to you or your boo alone, or assign events for the both of you.
Apart from the calendar, the update also includes the following enhancements:
- Photos are shown proportionally rather than square.
- Descriptive list updates tell you which items were added, edited and removed.
- Pressing Return now inserts a new line into your message.
- (iOS 6) Share your photos using the new sharing system, includes Facebook.
- Taller list items so they are easier to tap!
- Your couple profile will conveniently tell you how many months and days until your next anniversary.
- Lots of small fixes and tweaks!
Designed for iPhone and already optimized for iPhone 5, the newly updated Avocado is currently available in the App Store for free.
Planning any event with your loved one soon through Avocado?