Squrl, the powerful iOS video search app, has recently released a lineup of live streaming video that users can watch alongside their favorite short form videos. The live channel will alert users of breaking events in news and tech.
At launch, Squrl’s live partners include Huffington Post Live, PressTV, This Week In Tech, Bloomberg TV, Russia Today, France 24, Home Shopping Network, NASA TV, The Young Turks Live Stream, Fashion TV Direct!, HMall Korea, and Al Jazeera.
Founded in 2011, Squrl in September received a significant update that brought support for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The universal app also works on the iPad and iPad mini.
Other new features include:
- Redesigned profile page with subscription management for services, YouTube, Netflix, Facebook and Twitter.
- New channels “Liked” and “Recently Watched”
- Share videos directly from search results
- Enable/disable automatic playlisting of videos
- Easier channel and playlist navigation
Squrl is free in the App Store.