As you may already know, we here at AppAdvice have been big fans of Tweetbot since its release on the iPhone last year and on the iPad last February. But it seems that the universal Twitterrific 5, which has just gone live in the App Store, is about to challenge our devotion to Tweetbot.
Twitterrific 5 constitutes a major overhaul. In fact, it looks so far removed from its previous version that it may as well be an entirely different app.
Of course, Twitterrific 5 is not all flash and no substance.
We’ll have a full review of the app later here on AppAdvice. But do check out the list below for some of the key features of Twitterrific 5:
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- All-new, fresh user interface
- Optimized for smooth, fast performance
- Unified, color-coded timeline for easy reference
- Customizable theme control
- In-app tweet type notifications (Mentions & DM’s)
- VoiceOver support
- Easy account switching
- Pull to refresh
- Powerful gestures for quick control
- Pinnable sidebar (iPad version)
- Automatic switch to Dark theme at night
- Timeline syncing using iCloud or Tweet Marker
- Read-it-later using Instapaper & Pocket
- Translates tweets into your own language
- Offline support for posting, favoriting & following
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Twitterrific 5 is available now in the App Store for the special half-off launch price of $2.99.
Are you as excited to try Twitterrific 5 as we are?