Being a frequent Gmail user, I can’t remember the last time I logged in to my Yahoo! Mail account. But it’s good thing I still remember what my Yahoo! Mail username and password are. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to immediately try the newly released Yahoo! Mail app for iPhone.
That’s right. Good news to those of you who, unlike me, frequently rely on Yahoo! Mail: There’s now a brand new native Yahoo! Mail app for iPhone.
Arriving a week after Gmail for iOS was updated with a new look and three weeks after the Google-owned Sparrow was finally updated with iPhone 5 support, Yahoo! Mail for iPhone features a fast and clean interface.
Its interface is actually quite similar to that of the official Yahoo! app for iPhone, which already has Yahoo! Mail built in.
And this interface is offered in support of the following features:
- Access your inbox in just one tap
- Receive automatic notifications for new messages
- Quickly scan messages in your inbox with continuous scroll
- Auto complete email addresses as you type
- Simply swipe left on any message to delete, flag, move, mark as read and more
- Multi-select messages to organize your inbox faster
- Easily attach photos or take new ones while composing a message
- Preview photos right at the top of a message
- Search through all messages across all folders
Already optimized for iPhone 5 and compatible with iOS 6.0 or later, Yahoo! Mail is available now in the App Store for free.
Will you be using this new app for your Yahoo! Mail needs instead of using Sparrow, the default Mail iOS app, or even the main Yahoo! app?