You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| January 8, 2013
Benissimo! Free Language Learning App Duolingo Gains Italian Course And More
Duolingo has something benissimo just for you. The app that, according to our original AppAdvice review, "makes learning a different language fun" has just received a major update. And one of the things this update brings is a new full course on learning the beautiful Italian language. When it launched in the App Store in November last year, Duolingo offered courses on French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. Now, Italian has just been added to Duolingo's digital curriculum. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Apart from the new Italian course, a number of enhancements is also delivered by the latest update to Duolingo. Check them out below:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.0 or later, the latest version of Duolingo is available now in the App Store. Duolingo remains free to download and free of any ads, hidden fees, or in-app subscriptions. Watch the video above to learn how come such an excellent language learning app is available for free — or in Italian, gratis. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Feeling lonely? Add friends and follow their progress in the new Friends section.
- More bragging rights: see your number of learned words in the main menu.
- Now you can edit your Duolingo profile right from the app. Make sure you set an avatar and add profile info so friends can find you!
- More power, Scotty! The app's Settings have enhanced features like an advanced language switcher to access all language pairs that we offer, and a way to customize your email notifications.
- In translation exercises, you can now drag the words around to rearrange them.
- We've moved the Feedback button to the Settings screen.