You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 6, 2013
Popular Messaging App Line Updated With Multiple Photo Sending And Other Features
Line, the instant messaging and free voice calling app developed by NAVER Japan Corporation, has received another significant update. As I pointed out in my post detailing the app's 3.0 update in August last year, Line is to Japan as WhatsApp is to the U.S., Viber is to Cyprus, and KakaoTalk is to South Korea. And speaking of KakaoTalk, it appears that Line's newly released 3.5 update is issued partly in response to one of the Kakao Corporation-developed app's recent improvements. I'm referring to multiple photo sending, which was introduced in Kakao through its update in early December last year. Now, in Line 3.5, you can already send multiple photos at once from the chatroom. Similarly, you can now simultaneously post several photos to your Home and Timeline, two of the social sections added to Line through its 3.0 update. What's more, Line 3.5 adds a new menu for editing with the in-app camera when sending or posting photos. [caption id="attachment_380449" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Line[/caption] Outside its trio of photo-related improvements, the following are also included in the new version of Line:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4.3 or later, Line 3.5 is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Added a function to delete multiple chatrooms at once.
- New steps to check your identification on desktop version of Line for improved security.
- When you are invited to a group, you can now check who's in the group before you join it.
- Added a function to search for “Recommended Official Accounts" on the top section of the Friends menu.
- Other improvements to UI and minor bug fixes.