You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 23, 2013
Riposte For App.net Gains Inline Images, Muting And Lots More In Latest Update
Riposte, the App.net client that's billed as not just a "cobbled-together rewrite" of an old Twitter app, has just received a new update. Recommended by Christine as an app that brings a refreshing new mobile interface for the premium social network, Riposte has gained a number of significant improvements. Among these improvements are inline images, hashtag search, Droplr image attachment, Pinboard integration, and URL scheme support. The app's new update also adds a hashtag button to the new post toolbar. In addition, it enables you to mute or unmute a user from the user's profile page. [caption id="attachment_385793" align="aligncenter" width="270"] Riposte[/caption] The following new features are also included in the update:
The update also offers fixes, tweaks, and performance improvements that are literally too many to mention here. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.o or later, the new version of Riposte is available now in the App Store. Normally available for $4.99, the app is currently available for free. So, if you're an App.net user, now's the perfect time to check out Riposte. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Pull down to see the entire replied-to-post when typing a reply.
- Email a post with the same cool format as an emailed conversation.
- Stream Marker settings.
- Automatic smartening of your quotes.
- Open links and web pages in Chrome (if you have it installed).
- Optional monochrome menu icons.
- Options to disable in-app notifications and notification sounds for Push Notifications received while browsing.
- Added subtle highlight to the replied-to post in conversation views.
- Improved starred post appearance.