As suggested by her review of the game here on AppAdvice, my colleague Christine didn’t really like The Blockheads. But if, unlike her, you have found The Blockheads to your liking, then you’re likely to like (so many likes?) the game’s first ever major update.
The first update overall to the relatively new Minecraft and Junk Jack alternative brought nothing but bug fixes. But this time, The Blockheads’ first major update brings a bunch of new stuff and a few tweaks in addition to the obligatory fixes.
This update, which should work fine with your current worlds, lets you craft several new items.
In the latest version of The Blockheads, you can now craft compost to catalyze the growth of plants and tress.
You can now also craft waterproof steel lanterns and luxurious gem chandeliers. Fancy!
Further, you can now use dirt and water to craft clay at a press.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Further still, the newly updated The Blockheads lets you find kelp in the oceans and find basalt, which you can use for building along with other blocks.
Alo included in the update are the following gameplay tweaks:
- Wooden platforms are now ‘reinforced platforms’ and require iron. This is to make them a more advanced building material for later in the game.
- Dropped chests and pole bonus clothing items are no longer removed from the world.
- The more valuable gems are a bit less likely to show up while meditating.
- Clothing now degrades slowly over time.
- There are now tips in the early stages of the game.
- Options added to change sound volume, and restore double-time purchase.