You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 6, 2013
Make Melodies With The Various Improvements In Sing! Karaoke 2.0
Sing! Karaoke, the global karaoke party app from music app developer extraordinaire Smule, has just received what is said to be its biggest update yet. Through the new update, which brings the app to version 2.0, Sing! Karaoke has gained the following improvements:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, Sing! Karaoke 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free. Note that while the app itself is free, singing licensed songs in the app comes at a premium. As my colleague Brent noted when he wrote about the app's release in August last year, the app is "a fun way to do karaoke, if you're willing to pay for it." You can always sing for free in Sing! Karaoke by joining other users' karaoke performances. But if you wish to sing the likes of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" and One Direction's "One Thing" anytime you want, you can pay for most premium songs at $0.99 each. Alternatively, you can have unlimited access to the app's entire songbook by subscribing for $1.99 weekly, $4.99 monthly, or $24.99 annually. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Major navigation update to make it clear where to discover your performances, who's hot, your newsfeed and profile.
- Finally, you can rewind and fast forward a song you're listening to! Sometimes you just gotta listen to that harmony chorus over and over again.
- Your invitations are split out into a separate tab in your newsfeed. Never miss a song invite again.
- See who liked your performance!
- Search username feature without having to know the exact username.
- Share via Twitter, SMS, and Facebook. Finally, native iOS6 Facebook and Twitter integration!