You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 29, 2013
New Major Update To 30/30 Brings Redesigned iCloud Integration And Lots More
The Pomodoro-like app 30/30 has finally received its first major update since its 2.0 update over half a year ago. The app's newest version, 30/30 2.1, brings tons of new features and improvements. Shall we check them out? Don't worry, this won't take 30 minutes of your time. For starters, 30/30 has a new app icon. Actually, it has the same basic design as the previous icon, except it now has a single green color scheme. In any case, the new app icon is of no consequence compared to the new enhancements within the app itself. First and foremost, the app's iCloud integration has been redesigned to prevent further data loss. (Apple's iCloud data syncing is notoriously difficult to master even by the best iOS developers.) In 30/30, there are now two independent buttons for iCloud syncing, namely, Upload to iCloud and Download from iCloud. The latest update to 30/30 also redesigns the app's main dial. The main dial has three new buttons that are visible only when the timer is running or paused: Move Task to Bottom, Task Done (checkmark), and Delete Task (trash can). [caption id="attachment_397597" align="aligncenter" width="270"] 30/30[/caption] In addition, the following miscellaneous improvements are included in 30/30 2.1:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, 30/30 2.1 is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Lists can now be “locked” from deleting tasks. There is a lock/unlock toggle button at the bottom of the main dial.
- You can now use the 3-finger tap to duplicate a task -- to set the Stop Task, long press and drag it through the list like you would move a task.
- You can now use the 3-finger tap to duplicate a list.
- You can now shake your device to undo an action.
- Tasks now remember how much time remains if you finish it early and move it to the bottom of the list.
- There is a new way to select a task color -- all colors are displayed now instead of cycling through each one.
- Changed the xx:xx:xx -> xx:xx:xx display (shown in the task when Show Time is on and the timer hasn’t started yet) to show the accumulated durations instead.
- 25 new alert sounds have been added.
- Ads are occasionally displayed *only* if no purchases have been made. Any purchase will remove them.
- Sharing a list is prevented if it doesn't contain any tasks.
- Text screens now have a traditional close button (X) in the corner instead of using a double-tap to close.
- When there are new news posts to read, the Options icon flashes and there is a red dot on the News icon in the Options panel.
- The email that is generated with the Share This List button now includes the list name and tasks plus durations in the body.
- The + button was changed to never go beyond the original duration for the task. If you try to add time beyond the original duration, it will start again with the original duration.