As I pointed out when I posted about the app’s previous update, Amount is so named apparently because it asks you to enter the amount you want to convert before anything else.
Indeed, only after you’ve entered an amount does the app ask you which measurement category you want that amount to be converted in. Then, you’re given all of the conversion for you specified amount in the different units under your chosen category.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
As it happens, the latest update to Amount adds support for a number of new units and includes miscellaneous improvements:
- Added Nautical miles into “Length” category.
- Added Megapascal into “Pressure” category.
- Added Grains and Stones into “Weight/Mass” category.
- Added CLP and NGN into “Currency” category.
- Added US barrels (dry) and US barrels (liquid) into “Volume” category.
- Added Toggle edit mode button into header (instead of tapping the title).
- Added Select all/Deselect all button into edit mode.
- Moved the button to switch between negative and positive numbers directly in the keyboard (if in Temperature category).
- Added a tutorial for the app at first launch.
- Corrected some issues that may occur when the number is being edited.
A couple of weeks ago, the app went free, but it had reverted to its regular price a few days ago. If you weren’t able to get it while it’s available at no cost, you can download it now for only $0.99.