You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| April 26, 2013
AT&T's Digital Life Service Goes Live In 15 Markets
AT&T's Digital Life home automation and security service is live in 15 markets. Following a trial last year, the Digital Life suite is now available in Atlanta, Austin, Texas, Boulder, Colo., Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Riverside, Calif., San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and parts of New York and New Jersey. As AT&T explains in a press release for Digital Life:
The foundation of AT&T Digital Life is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities. Customers can choose which alerts they want to receive and how.Digital Life is available in two separate packages: Simple Security ($29.99 per month plus a one-off payment of $149.99), and Smart Security ($39.99 per month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation). While the former includes "24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors, and an indoor siren," the latter features all of the above plus either a motion sensor, a carbon monoxide sensor, a glass break sensor, a smoke sensor, or a takeover kit. Furthermore, Smart Security customers can purchase a number of additional packages, each of which incur an extra monthly charge. These packages include:
Conveniently, the Digital Life suite can be monitored from within AT&T's dedicated app, which gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances, and more. AT&T Digital Life for iOS is available in the App Store for free. If you wish to learn more about the service, we suggest you visit AT&T's website. For more of today's news, see: Apple Updates App Store With New "Learn More About In-App Purchases" Page, Apple Shows How People Use The iPhone To Take Photos Every Day In New TV Ad, and Popular Read-Later Service Instapaper Acquired By Digg Owner Betaworks.
- Camera Package - View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package - Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package - Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package - Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package - Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.