You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| April 11, 2013
Celebrate Whacking Day By Whacking Snakes Away In The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Remember "Whacking Day"? You know, that old episode of "The Simpsons" in which the citizens of Springfield celebrate the titular holiday by whacking snakes to death? Well, the official iOS game of the popular animated sitcom is bringing Whacking Day right to your iDevice with the game's latest update. The latest version of The Simpsons: Tapped Out lets you take part in the madness that is Whacking Day by daring you to whack some serpents in order to save the town. It also lets you take advantage of the following limited-time offerings:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, The Simpsons: Tapped Out is available in the App Store as a freemium game. Being a freemium game, The Simpsons: Tapped Out offers in-app purchases, which you might want to watch out for when your child is playing the game. Unless you want your child to be the next Theo Rowland-Fry, that is. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New Event: Whack snakes infesting your town and win up to ten limited-time, exclusive-content prizes.
- New Buildings: Take a tour of the historic Fort Sensible, train at Lugash’s Gym, catch a game at the Duff Stadium and see the title fight at the Springfield Coliseum.
- New Characters: Prepare for the Whacking Day festivities with Ninja Homer, live the model life with Miss Springfield, get Drederick Tatum to step back into the ring, start Lisa’s gymnastic training or help Willie get his clothes clean using his washboard abs.
- New Decorations: Revel in the season with celebratory, snake-themed decorations: from shirts and sticks to practice snakes of varying colors. If you’re not seeing enough snakes in your town, get some specialty rocks, stumps and trunks that will be sure to increase the number of cold-blooded critters in your town.
- New Quests: Will the town prevail over the Serpent Menace? Will Lisa be able to save the snakes?