You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 8, 2013
Amazon Cloud Player Updated With Ford Sync AppLink Integration
A month ago, the official Spotify app for iOS gained support for Ford SYNC AppLink. Now, it's Amazon Cloud Player's turn to be equipped with Ford SYNC AppLink integration. Ford SYNC AppLink allows drivers of certain Ford car models to interact with supported mobile apps through voice control. It's already integrated in a number of popular music streaming apps, which now include Amazon Cloud Player. Thanks to the app's latest update, you can now connect Amazon Cloud Player on your iPhone or iPod touch to your vehicle's Ford SYNC AppLink system. By doing so, you get to enjoy the music in your Amazon Cloud library and control it using simple voice commands. [caption id="attachment_412719" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Amazon Cloud Player[/caption] Here are the steps on how to take advantage of Amazon Cloud Player's Ford SYNC AppLink integration:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, the new Ford SYNC-enabled version of Amazon Cloud Player is available now in the App Store for free. This version also includes improved UI for adding songs to a playlist and improved VoiceOver support. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- On the Ford SYNC, go to the "Mobile Applications" menu and select "Amazon MP3".
- See the music you're currently playing in the Amazon MP3 app.
- Use the Ford SYNC buttons to play, pause, go to previous song, or go to next song.
- To play something else, tap "Menu" and then "Amazon MP3 Menu" on the Ford SYNC.
- Choose from "Device: Playlists", "Device: Shuffle All", "Cloud: Playlists", and "Cloud: Shuffle All".