You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 4, 2013
Amid Fresh Criticism, Path Receives Update That Enhances Friend Discovery
Several days ago, the popular "personal" social networking app Path celebrated a new milestone as it passed the 10-million user mark. However, it once again found itself in the crosshairs of criticism when digital marketer Stephen Kenwright called attention to its seemingly intrusive signup process. As pointed out by Kenwright, the app sends signup invitations to a new user's friends without permission. But the folks behind Path maintain that the app is "really best with friends and we really want to help users invite the people that they care about to their Path as quickly as possible." To that end, a new update has been pushed to Path that makes finding and inviting friends even easier. Specifically, the update brings improved tools for finding family and friends who are already on Path and invite those who aren't yet through the app's new Twitter and Gmail integration. On the other hand, the update also includes a new settings option that effectively enhances user privacy. It's recommended that you check out this new option if you'd rather not be discovered by other users in Path's global search. [caption id="attachment_411263" align="aligncenter" width="280"] Path[/caption] Apart from those, the following new features and improvements are also included in the latest update to Path:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, the new version of Path is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Typing Indicator: Wondering if your friend is typing a message to you? Now you will know if they are typing and where they are typing from.
- Unread Messages: Never miss a message. Improved unread message badging and notifications.
- Group Message Names: Now you can personalize a Group Message by simply tapping on the name.
- Search Bookmarks: Love searching for the same moments all the time? Now you can bookmark your favorite searches.
- New User Experience: Improved new user experience.
- Speed: All kinds of speed and performance improvements all around the app.
- Bug Fixes