You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 14, 2013
Philips Hue For iOS Updated: Adds Geofencing, Customization Options And More
Philips Hue for iOS has just received an update to version 1.1, adding a useful geofencing feature, increased levels of customization, and more. The app, which allows users to control their Philips Hue lighting system from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, is currently available to download in the App Store free of charge. As outlined in the app's release notes, changes made in version 1.1 include:
Support for geofencing is a feature Hue owners will find particularly useful, since it allows users to configure their lighting system to activate automatically once they arrive home. The ability to program recurring schedules in Hue is an equally helpful addition to the application. At the moment, Philips Hue 1.1 is available to download in the App Store free of charge, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Take a look at the recently updated application now, or for further app related news, see: Movie Ticketing App Fandango Now Lets You Share With Your Google+ Circles, Watch Out, Square And PayPal: Groupon Officially Launches Breadcrumb POS, and Star Command Update Beams Into The App Store.
- Geofencing feature: Scenes can now automatically turn on when coming home and turn off when leaving home
- Scenes can now be switched on or off using a timer between 1 and 59 minutes
- Alarms can now be set to recur in a weekly schedule and with a random offset for the start and end time
- Fades of alarms now start at the set time instead of ending at the set time
- Increased reliability of alarms
- Improved vibrant colors for LivingColors and hue lights and added support for LivingWhites
- When activating a scene the lights change at the same time synchronously
- Compatible lights can now be added to the system using their serial number