“This might be version 2.0, but it’s really a new app under the hood, with completely rewritten guts,” notes Crossroad Solutions. “Even the interface has gone under the knife for some serious nip and tuck.”
Most notably, the new interface of Units allows for faster selection of conversion categories and units.
Just pull the numeric keypad down to select the category and the two units you wish to make conversions in. Or else to select a conversion mode from your shortcuts, which, by the way, can now consist of more than three modes.
Alternatively, you can use the app’s new smart search function. It’s smart in that it lets you type the first few letters of each of your desired units and provides you with the most relevant options.
The new interface presented in Units 2.0 also features an integrated calculator, doing away with the need to leave the app for simple calculations related to your conversions.
Units 2.0 also includes the following enhancements:
- settings have been integrated into the app and you can now filter, reorder modes and units much more easily.
- added Acre-Feet, Acre-Inches to Volume.
- added Acre-feet per year to Volumetric flow
- fixed conversion errors for Therms in Energy mode
- optimized for iOS 6 and 4″ devices
- minor bug fixes and major user interface improvements.
Units went free for the first time last Monday. But if you missed it then, you can download it now for $0.99. Of course, existing users of the app get the 2.0 update at no additional cost.