Ahead of the international release of “Despicable Me 2″ in theaters three weeks from now, the official game based on the sequel to 2010′s “Despicable Me” has been released on iOS.
The game, which is published by Gameloft, is called Despicable Me: Minion Rush. And it has you playing and running as a yellow, gibberish-speaking Minion in an effort to earn the title of Minion of the Year.
That’s right: Despicable Me: Minion Rush happens to be another endless running game. But it does have a few features that set it apart from most of the games in the genre, including state-of-the-art 3-D graphics and multiple dynamic camera angles.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
With Despicable Me: Minion Rush, you can:
- Enjoy unpredictably hilarious Minion moments
- Perform despicable acts through hundreds of missions
- Run through iconic locations, which are full of surprises, secrets and tricky obstacles: Gru’s Lab and Gru’s Residential Area
- Customize your Minion with unique costumes, weapons, and power-ups
- Battle Vector and an all-new villain exclusively created for the game
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Despicable Me: Minion Rush is available now in the App Store for free. The game includes bonus content that may be unlocked with virtual bananas, which you can collect while playing or buy via in-app purchase.
The original “Despicable Me” movie also had its very own tie-in game, called Despicable Me: Minion Mania. Developed by Namco Networks America, this “despicable” puzzler is, for some reason, no longer available in the App Store.