You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| June 21, 2013
Create And Experience Thunderous Sound With Thor Polysonic Synthesizer For iPad
The Swedish software developer Propellerhead has just unveiled the latest addition to its portfolio of well-designed iOS music apps. In November 2010, Propellerhead released ReBirth for iPad, the iPad emulation of its legendary Techno Micro Composer. Then, in April 2012, it released Figure, a simple and fun music-making app for iPhone and iPad. Now, Propellerhead has released the awesomely named Thor Polysonic Synthesizer app. The new app is the iPad version of the popular synthesizer powered by Propellerhead's Reason software and so named for its delivery of "thunderous sound" and "god-like sound sculpting capabilities." If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. With Thor Polysonic Synthesizer for iPad, you can:
The app comes with an iPad-optimized interface divided into three main screens: Keyboard, Knobs and Routing. Compatible with iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, Thor Polysonic Synthesizer is available now in the App Store for $14.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Load any of the 1000+ expertly crafted synth patches, or create your own from scratch.
- Create your sounds using a palette of multiple oscillator and filter types.
- Play Thor using an expressive touch interface keyboard with aftertouch and strumming.
- Collapse the keyboard to a key and scale of your choice, just like in Figure.
- Move your favorite patches from the iPad to your computer and use them with Thor in Reason