You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| June 7, 2013
Time To Wake Up For The Updated Rise Alarm Clock
Rise Alarm Clock has just taken huge step forward with a version 3.0 update that adds a long list of new features and other improvements. Along with a number of brand new alarm sounds, the app has added more large clock styles. The most interesting is transparent mode, which displays a live view from the back camera of your iOS device. Here is the complete list of new features:
Beyond those additions, developer Kellen Styler has also fixed a long list of bugs and improved many existing features. Most notably, many of the app’s icons and clock animations have been refined and updated. Rise Alarm Clock is a universal app designed for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini. It can be downloaded in the App Store for $1.99. Even though the app was only released late last year, everyone at AppAdvice has quickly fallen for the simple and beautiful alarm clock. In our original review, Christine Chan enjoyed Rise while praising the simplicity and stunning UI, similar to Clear and Solar. And right after it snagged our AppAdvice App of the Week Award, it was also named one of our Top 10 Paid iPhone Apps of 2012. In its last major update, the app added support for more gestures and other nice features.
- Now supports iOS 5!
- Brand new alarm sounds to ease you into the day.
- Beautiful new large clock styles: Night / Skyscape / Transparent (Live camera). Switch by a tap-hold when large clock is up.
- New gesture interactions and UI for alarm set screen.
- Tap above and below time to adjust time in set screen.
- Access the large clock (current time) whether the alarm is on or off.
- Dragging to set time shows countdown of hours to wake up.
- Tap anywhere to snooze.
- Support for audiobooks, podcasts, etc.
- Disable auto-lock while showing large clock of current time.
- New option that allows users to switch the language translation on or off.