The Blockheads has just received its third major update, which, most notably, brings its highly anticipated multiplayer feature.
Released last January, the popular Minecraft-like sandbox game from Majic Jungle Software got its first major update in February and its second in March. Both updates brought new items and gameplay tweaks.
Unsurprisingly, The Blockheads’ third major update also brings new items and gameplay items, and they are:
- Dig for treasure! New golden treasure chests containing valuable items.
- Pinch to zoom out to a map view that shows all the way from lava to space, and allows you to easily see everything and zoom into specific areas.
- Signs! Label your rooms and chests, or leave messages for other players.
- Use time crystals to teleport from anywhere in the world to any portal instantly!
- New advanced beds allow your blockheads to sleep much faster and stay awake longer.
- Craft shelves to display items and easily see where everything is stored.
- New metal blocks allow you to build strong walls that look awesome and are hard to destroy.
- The expected change to your inventory is now tracked across actions. So for example if you queue up crafting 3 tin ingots, you can now immediately queue up crafting a tin bucket.
- Find limes in limestone!
- Seven new achievements.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
But none of the above-listed enhancements is more exciting than the update’s addition of multiplayer support. With this, you can now play The Blockheads with up to 32 other players in persistent online worlds hosted on the free The Blockheads Server Mac app.
Alternatively, you can host a world on your iDevice to play with up to five other players via your local Wi-Fi network.
The Blockheads’ multiplayer mode also includes two-player Game Center auto-match, in-game text chat, and new items and blocks.
The new version of The Blockheads is available now in the App Store for free. The app is designed for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later.