The cases are available for $24.99 each and include an “in stock” date of Aug. 26. They are available in white, “soft feeling” black, and “soft feeling” Jean Indigo. Interestingly enough, one case available is listed with a retail price of $1,999. That case comes with a sale price of just $9.99.
The cases are not available for sale on the Elago website.
Under the Technical Details of each case is the following:
- Sleek, modern design with a solid back.
- Protection without the bulk: Ultra Slim, Lightweight case offers corner and scratch protection, as well as a slight lift to allow your iPhone 5C to be put screen-side down on a flat surface.
- Anti-Ghost Camera Cutout allows the camera and flash to be used without any interference from the case.
- Direct access to all buttons and ports on your iPhone 5C.
- Design by elago in California and made in Korea to ensure the use of non-hazardous chemicals.
Given that Apple has yet to announce a budget iPhone, let alone one called the iPhone 5C, these cases are suspect, at best. In other words, don’t be surprised if the Amazon listings go away very soon.
Apple’s low cost handset is likely to launch in September or October, according to the most recent rumors. As usual, we’ll keep you updated.
There are now iPhone 5C cases available through Amazon from Oblig too.