FireCore has updated its popular jailbreak software, aTV Flash (black), adding support for the Apple TV 5.3 OS, localizations for a number of additional countries, and a handful of improvements and performance optimizations. FireCore’s aTV Flash (black) 2.3 update can be downloaded now, either on a jailbroken Apple TV or from FireCore’s website.
Changes made in the update, according to FireCore, include:
- Added Apple TV 5.3 compatibility
- Added Croatian, Hungarian, Romanian, and Slovak localizations
- Media Player is now ‘Infuse for Apple TV’
- Improved Dolby (AC3) audio
- Improved metadata fetching
- Improved detection of subtitle encoding
- Improved reliability of settings backups
- A few other minor fixes and performance improvements
Apple TV owners will of course appreciate support for the recently released 5.3 software update. As a reminder, Apple TV 5.3 added HBO Go and WatchESPN programming to the set-top box, while making a number of more minor alterations to the Apple TV’s operating system.
In order to update to aTV Flash (black) 2.3, jailbroken Apple TV owners must select “Maintenance,” and then “Manage Extras.”
For more information on the software, head over to FireCore’s website.
See also: Popular Apple TV Jailbreak Software aTV Flash (Black) Goes On Sale, FireCore Updates aTV Flash (Black) To Version 1.5, and FireCore Launches Updated Seas0nPass, Adds 5.0 (iOS 5.1) Compatibility.