Microsoft has just introduced more apps for business users of its Office 365 service. As the name suggests, OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad bring Outlook Web Access natively to iOS devices.
Despite looking very similar to Outlook Web Access through a browser, Microsoft is touting a number of features only found in the apps.
Here is the complete feature list for the iPad version:
Get work done faster with email
– Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
– Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
– Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
– View shared calendars including delegate support
– Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
– Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security.
OWA for iPad and OWA for iPhone can be downloaded now in the App Store for free. Users must be business subscribers of Office 365 to take advantage of the app. A mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange online, as well.