The latest update to Procreate introduces a freehand selection tool, a copy and paste system, a new canvas creation interface, and a number of other improvements.
Procreate’s new freehand selection tool comes with point-to-point polygon selection support. The new tool also lets you add to and subtract from a selection. Moreover, it allows you to clear and invert a selection, as well as recall your last selection. It also lets you select layer contents and adjust the selection mask visibility.
As for Procreate’s new copy and paste system, it lets you cut and copy anything and paste items from your device’s clipboard. Just drag three fingers down to bring up the copy and paste menu.
As mentioned, Procreate’s new update also features a new canvas creation interface. This new interface includes new 1080p and A4 300dpi presets. It also lets you create new artwork from the clipboard and import .procreate files from iTunes.
Also included in the new Procreate update are brush and transform improvements as well as the following interface enhancements:
- Many of improved interface animations
- A ton of performance improvements
- Color palette now remembers hue & saturation if set to black
- Redesigned actions menu
- Redesigned stylus connection method
- Refined fit to canvas gesture
- Improved interpolation for gallery thumbnails
- Improved layer thumb background
- Quick pinch up (Zoom memory)
- Improved Flip canvas UX
- Canvas metadata for dimensions and file size
- Jot Touch 4 Support
- Exported files no longer have crazy-long file names
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
The new version of Procreate is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $4.99 download. The app is compatible with iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.