You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| July 15, 2013
Tuber+ For YouTube Now Works Well On iOS 7 And Looks A Lot Like iOS 7
The third-party iOS YouTube client Tuber+ has just been updated to version 5.0. But perhaps a more interesting, but no less truthful, statement is this: the third-party iOS YouTube client Tuber+ has just been updated to look like iOS 7. Indeed, version 5.0 of Tuber+, which is a nice alternative to its fellow third-party YouTube app Jasmine and even to the official YouTube iOS app itself, looks a lot like iOS 7. Gone is the app's original dark and buttony interface and in comes a new light and flat design that may very well make Jony Ive proud. Tuber+ 5.0 displays so many interface elements lifted straight out of Ive's iOS 7 design book that it looks as though it's among Apple's redesigned stock iOS apps in iOS 7. On top of that, the newly updated app is now fully compatible with iOS 7 as well as iOS 6. [caption id="attachment_440878" align="aligncenter" width="270"] Tuber+[/caption] But Tuber+ 5.0 is not just about the app's new iOS 7-like design and iOS 7 compatibility. Rather, it also brings a number of significant improvements, which are listed below:
Tuber+ 5.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $0.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later. For more information on Tuber+, check out Tuber+ For YouTube Is A Promising New App For iPad and Tuber For YouTube Gets UI Overhaul, Auto Theme And Goes Ad-Free In 4.0 Update. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Gesture controls.
- Tap the navigation bar to scroll to top.
- Introducing Live broadcasts (beta).
- Added availability to browse watching history (beta).
- Added availability to browse inbox (beta).
- Customizable side menu (order side items in the order that suits you).
- Introducing Channel & PlayList search.
- Search term suggestion while typing.
- Improved search.
- Improved video playback.
- Comments available while watching the videos.
- Native social sharing (Facebook & Twitter).
- Compatible with both iOS 6 & iOS 7.
- New more powerful filtering options.