Zombies, Run! has just run into another major update.
Beginning with the new version of the popular gamified and zombie-fied fitness app, zombies are now apt to attack your base overnight after runs, depending on such factors as defense rating and morale. On the bright side, though, you’re also likely to receive gifts from people in the base, including fresh supplies to prolong your survival in the ongoing zombie apocalypse.
The latest update to Zombies, Run!, which brings the app to version 2.2, also marks the return of Radio Mode with enhanced radio segments. So, now you can again listen to Radio Abel and Radio New Tomorrow.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Zombies, Run! 2.2 also brings the following improvements:
- You can jump straight to the next mission from the home screen.
- You can estimate your distance run when using the accelerometer, and we’ve redesigned the tracking/distance estimation screens.
- When not using GPS for tracking, you can correct the distance calculated by the app when you end the mission (useful for treadmills).
- After finishing a mission, you now see a list of the new buildings you’ve unlocked for Abel.
- Fixed a bug causing the app to sometimes continue tracking when the mission is paused.
- Fixed a bug that would stop runners in certain timezone from syncing their runs.
Zombies, Run! 2.2 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later.
Zombie, Run! 2.0 and Zombies, Run! 2.1 both arrived last April. The former delivered the premiere of season two, a redesigned interface, and a new base-building experience, while the latter brought improved accessibility and a tutorial for first-time users.