The popular e-commerce platform Shopify has just launched its very own point-of-sale system.
To get started with Shopify POS, you must have at least an iPad equipped with the official Shopify POS card reader. Download the newly released Shopify POS app, log in to your Shopify account, add your products, and you’re good to go to start selling on the go. You can also enhance your setup with a receipt printer, a cash drawer, and a barcode scanner.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
With Shopify POS, you can:
- Add customers to orders and keep track of their purchases
- Track your cash float and summarize daily totals
- Accept partial payments, multiple payments and deposits
- Send fully customizable email receipts
- Search your order history and refund payments
- Create custom payment types and custom sales
- Add unlimited staff members with PIN entry
- Attach notes, shipping addresses and discounts to orders
The Shopify POS app is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
The Shopify POS card reader is available for $19. It’s also available as part of any of the preconfigured Shopify POS hardware kits, which you can check out here.
Shopify POS allows you to accept payments from Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX credit cards. It charges as low as 2.1 percent plus $0.30 per swipe.